My Blog about the various things I like and some of the things I discover from time to time.


Review: Aldi Brand Bremer's Chicken Pot Pies

Haven't had single pot pies in a while, so whilst at Aldi's I saw their own brand, so I thought I'g give 'em a spin.
I am not a fan of microwave pot pies, and I stopped buying the Morton and Banquet Pot Pies when they came out with those, as they just did not taste right. Also there are many brands out there with no bottom crust, a pot pie travesty!
"Before" still frozen but almost looked cooked due to the color.
In the oven almost done.
So Aldi's brand can be cooked in a regular oven, so that is better for a nice brown crust. Microwave pot pies already have the crust colored a bit to make them look like they are golden brown.
Looks: I could not get it out of the cup and stand on it's own, and the crust did not match the golden brown on the picture, nor did the ratio of chicken, and veggies match the picture either. 2 out of 5
Taste: Lots better that Banquet, but still not as good as the old kind they used to make before microwavable ones came out, in the aluminum pans. 3 out of 5
I would get them again for a quick dinner/snack

4 comments:

COFFEELOVERMAMA said...

WHERE'S THE CHICKEN???????????

Anonymous said...

Agreed that pot pies are not what they use to be. However Aldi's are pretty bad compared to others. Bought them once and have one left and will see if the racoons will eat them.

Anonymous said...

Agreed that pot pies are not what they use to be. However Aldi's are pretty bad compared to others. Bought them once and have one left and will see if the racoons will eat them.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the chicken pot pie. I wish they had a beef or turkey as well.