My Blog about the various things I like and some of the things I discover from time to time.


Put-in-Bay Saturday Ride

So my wife wakes me up at 9:30 Saturday morning and says 'lets go for a ride' 2 1/2 hours later we are on the Jet Express boat heading out to Put-in-Bay Ohio on South Bass Island. We were having a nice time yesterday so this was a continuation from last nights dinner and a movie, turning it into a great 2 day event. It looked like rain, and did rain on the way, but when we got there it was a perfect day. Riding around in the electric golf cart was very cool, will want to do this again, and makes me wish my car was electric too. Here is what this ride cost: 24.57 gas (actual 32.5 mpg w/ac on) 6.20 Breakfast at McDonalds 3.00 road tolls (both ways) 10.00 Parking at the ferry 55.20 ferry (Jet Express includes a 7.20 fuel surcharge) 20.79 golf cart rental 1.75 hr @ 11.00 hr 47.66 dinner Boardwalk Restaurant (2 lobster bisque in bread bowls + 1 lobster roll, drinks + tip) 4.25 drinks & snack on way home 171.67 total I think Sunday will be a rest day.

No comments: